Monday 15 November 2010

Facebook and Intellectual Property Rights

Facebook is a social networking site that is well known to almost everyone in the world. Not so long ago, I took the liberty of going to watch the 'Social Network' movie. I must say, it was one of the most entertaining and educational movies I have ever seen. Not only was the movie based on the drama surrounding the birth of the amazing phenomenon we all (well most of us) affiliate ourselves with, but it was full of litigation. I apologise for ruining the movie for those who have not watched it as of yet, but I do urge all of you to watch it. It is very relevant for all us LLM students especially those enrolled onto the Intellectual Property Rights module. There were several cases surrounding Mark Zuckberg (creator of facebook) but the most striking would be the Intellectual Property Rights case. I can safely say that after the second week onto Block two and studying Intellectual Property Rights, the movie has made copyright infringement so much clearer to me. I hope it does the same for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment